Thursday, August 5, 2010

live the dream.

via Here Comes the Sun

Some people were meant to sit in offices, have a spouse, two kids, ya know, living the typical "normal" lifestyle. Whatever it is that causes those desires must of skipped me at the time of my conception. The older I get the more and more I realize how much that sounds less like the dream life come true and my own personal hell. 

I find comfort in at least knowing that "the norm" and Elise do not mesh well with one another. It has taken me many, many years of fighting my true being and attempting to fit into the cookie cutter mold of average an American lifestyle. I am starting to figure out exactly when I am at peace with myself. That peace resides when I create. 

When it comes to art, I pretty much will do anything. It is true what they say, anything can be art. The only art I have not put my finger on is music (which is ironic because it is the one art form I love and appreciate more than anything on this planet). Until very recently I have felt self-conscious about my art. I was more concerned about what the mass audience would think than what I thought. Once it dawned on me, "hey dummy, make this for yourself, no one else!" Things began to fall into place. That large wall which was preventing me from creating was broken down and the thoughts started flowing. 

Art can be anything. The art you make will not be adored by all, but for those that DO get it.. they GET IT. Therefore, I am learning to make art for myself and myself only. It needs to be selfish, it is a continuation of my inner being. I am going to pursue the last art form I have been too fearful to explore, music. I worry that my voice isn't good enough, but it is what I have and if it is me honestly singing then who is anyone to reject it? Art, in any form, if honest is beautiful. Good, bad, okay. Honesty is beautiful and needs to be expressed more. Amen.

Here is a random (very short) collection of my musical inspiration..

I'm From Barcelona - Paper Planes                                      

1 comment:

  1. love this pic :)

    http://happymotelcustomers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete