Friday, August 27, 2010

I've got soul, but I'm not a solider



Still love The Killers first album, Hot Fuss.
I remember when it came out when; I was in high school.
I rushed over to the nearest music store and purchased it.
It was one of those albums I listened to on repeat, from start to finish.
I was in awe. 
(true story)
It is one of those albums that have stuck with me throughout the years.
Do you have any of those? 
It was a huge defining moment in my life,
and I'm glad that as I've aged it has grown with me.

 I create a lot of art work that is inspired by music.
Whether it be lyrics that pierce right through me, or the sound and melody, etc.
Music equally is as much a part of my life as art is.
Without it, I am certain I wouldn't be the same person.
It is my therapy. 

With that being said, I will always appreciate others being inspired by music.
Especially music that I also adore.
These photographs are by AdrianOBrodbeck
They are fantastic! 

All These Things I've Done is one of those songs that keeps me going. 
Literally, every sentence speaks to me. 

Happy Friday :) 

2 comments:

  1. Love The Killers! Especially after seeing them live at the Roskilde festival in 07 :)

    Albums that have stuck with me throughout the years:
    PJ Harvey - To bring you my love
    Marugada - Industrial silence
    Cat Power - You are free
    Jeff Buckley - Live at Sin-é
    Minir Majority - Reasons to hang around
    Rearl Jam - Ten
    Tori Amos - Boys for Pele

    Christ, ther are many more, but Ill have to stop sometime- right? Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete