Monday, August 30, 2010

breaking up isn't just for those you date.

anna bond

This is a slightly more serious post.. Sorry if I bore you.

But I have a lot on my mind today, so I am 
going to try and ramble it out in a coherent manner.

I have been going through one of my clean up stages.
By clean up, I mean I reevaluate what is going on. 
This cleaning process can be related to career 
choices, school, futures, relationships, etc, etc. 
Today's "fall cleaning" is of relationships.
I'm finding I have an slightly 'odd' view of relationships. 
Since being in so many negative ones, 
I have learned that it is not simply a significant 
other who can upset you, but anyone around you. 

How people continue in relationships 
in which they feel drained amazes me.
Do not get me wrong.... 
I have been that person far too many times.
However, I am learning that a sure way to stay 
on track with happiness is to rid your life of those
 around you which do nothing but make you smile.
With the ridding of boyfriends, flings, etc, 
I have also started ridding my life of, well, anyone else 
who will create a wave of negativity.
This is one of the best life lessons I've learned :
BREAKING UP IS NOT JUST FOR PEOPLE YOU DATE!

This motto should apply to all who are in your life.
I recently wrote a very honest e-mail to a family member.
Yes, a family member.
Just because we share blood doesn't 
mean that we should be forever be together.
Granted, just like any relationship, I do love this 
person very much and do not wish to see them go.
However, not having them in my life is better than 
the feelings which I feel now with them in it. 
Please understand that I am not talking about ending 
life relationships because your brother picked on you today, 
but you know when something is working and when it is not.

I started this quest with first friendships, and quit trying 
to hang out with those who did not mutually return the love. 
In doing so, I found that I was at great peace, 
and then began to fill the voids with those 
who equally reciprocated the love back. 
After a while, I found I was surrounded my good energy. 
My immediate circle was only with those who deserve it. 
A group of individuals in which truly had my greatest interest at heart.

I don't know if any of that rambling made sense..
But today is a big day, and I felt like needed to be stated.
Like I said, I did a very bold move and wrote something
that could potentially alter the rest of my life.
Either the person is going to stay, or they are going to go.
I am hoping that problems can be worked out
and the relationship can get to where it should be.
That's another thing... Do not be afraid to 
communicate when you are not happy with someone.
I never am one to jump to conclusions and 
make rash decisions without first stating my case. 
I am hoping this person is unaware of how I've 
been feeling and that my honesty will open their eyes 
and all will be well. This is of course, the best possible outcome.
I will try and remain that positive that this is how it will play out.

Nothing is guaranteed in this life and that is a fact
I am coming more and more aware of each day.
I can't keep trying for things that haven't worked.

All I know, is I have this time now 
and I must make the best I can with it.
I hope people can respect my honesty
and avant-garde way of viewing life.
It seems to make perfect, rational sense to me.

  

2 comments:

  1. I agree! :)
    I am also learning now to live this way, and this year I've made my first step.

    ReplyDelete